September 25-29, 2018
In 1979, the National Black MBA Association® held its first conference in Detroit, Michigan – the “Motor City.” This year we are excited to celebrate the 40th anniversary of this trailblazing event and you do not want to miss it. Since inception of the NBMBAA®, our “one mission” rings true – to promote educational and economic empowerment for black Americans. Our commitment to exploring best practices in leadership and career-focused programming has been the inspirational catalyst that has guided members and conference attendees to reach their full potential. Bringing our conference back to Detroit is symbolic of our shared resilience and determination. Join us as we gather to celebrate 40 years of bringing value to our members through increased access to education, opportunity and professional development. This year’s Conference is one you won’t soon forget, so register today!
Key highlights of this year’s conference include:
- World’s largest Career Exposition with exhibitors from 300 of the nation’s top companies
- Highly targeted and informative tracks covering topics that include Dynamic Leadership, Technology & Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Professional Development, Education & Workforce Policy including compelling breakout sessions such as: “Big Data: Algorithms vs. Human Analysis”, “The First 90 Days: Making Your Mark as An Executive”, and “Motivating and Retaining Generation Z”
- Scale-Up Pitch Competition Sponsored by FedEx
- Highly attended “Meet the Experts” expo stage featuring representatives from Microsoft, Nationwide, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Capco, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC
- NBMBAA Gold Key Access® Networking Session for Director level and above members of the Association.
- A renewed focus on fitness with daily fitness activities including an innovative “Fitting in Fitness Silent Party“
- And MUCH MORE!
Cobo Center has a commitment to environmental stewardship in the Detroit community, which is shown with their continuous efforts to implement innovative green initiatives throughout the facility. Cobo also hosts programs designed to educate their employees, vendors, customers, partners and visitors in the importance of the sustainability of the environment. Cobo Center is a Green Meetings Industry Council ASTM/APEX Standard Certified Facility. Learn more about Cobo Center’s green initiatives and design.
Cobo Center provides all of their visitors with ADA accessibility. Parking spaces are available for the disabled. Wheelchairs can be requested at the concourse Information Desk. The north side of Cobo Center is accessible from the street with elevator access off of Congress Street next to the Congress Street Parking Garage.
Cobo Center Maps
To see more information about parking, see our transportation and parking section.